Sunday 27 January 2013

Snowy Behind the Ears


So, 7 days of snow later the thaw comes, starting with rain then milder temperatures.  I love snow, I love the clean, almost sparkly white covering it brings; I love snow days too.  However when it starts to melt, leaving behind patchy grit stained mounds, then my love affair with it melts away too.



I set my mind to baking a Lemon Meringue Pie today.  My inspiration came from watching one the technical challenges on this week's Great British Bake Off.   I have never made one before, this is my Saturday Challenge!

I used this recipe by Dan Lepard in The Guardian.  It was easy to follow and the pastry turned out to be very workable.  The sweet pastry was the part that I was not looking forward to, me and sweet pastry don't have a happy history.  But I am pretty pleased with how it turned out!

The lighting is not great in these pictures, night time is not the best time for snapping!








1 comment:

muse kidd said...

and it was double-plus good x 2!